e-books and more
at our store!
|Rob Frankel is the author of The Revenge of Brand X: How to Build a Big Time
Brand on the Web or Anywhere Else. He has been
the Business Opinion columnist for Ziff-Davis
Internet Business Magazine and has contributed to
Business Week Magazine, The Washington Post,
magazine, The British Broadcasting
Corporation (BBC), The Los Angeles Times,
The Wall Street Journal, American Way magazine, Marketing Tools,
Net Marketing, Los Angeles Business Journal, Entrepreneur, PhonePlus
Magazine and Business Marketing.
He is also published throughout the web, notably at CNET's news.com, Internet.com, Net Worth, clickz.com, the Advertising
Media Internet Center and of course, in the FrankelTips Weekly.
If you like these articles, visit our store,
which features instnatly downloadable e-books packed with business-building,
reveue-generating brand strategies, tactics and tips.
for any topic on this site right here!
You can receive articles
on a semi-regular basis by subscribing to FrankelBiz!
Feel free to download and
reproduce any of them for non-commercial purposes,
but please do so with our contact, links and copyright information
- Branding in the Fourth Dimension:
Who you are is just the beginning
- Going Psycho Over Demos: On the web, it's the only way to stay sane.
- Rob's Party Check List: The
biggest mistakes you can make before you launch.
- Taking the Hit with a Full Bucket: After the September
11 attack, it's the only thing to do.
- There Will Always be Christmas: It's the only way to do business during a crisis.
- The Myth of Pay to Play:
Free can be profitable, if your brand is strong enough.
- 20/20 Foresight:
Don't say I didn't warn you -- only the strongly branded survive
a down economy.
- Copyright Shmopyright: Who cares if it's protected, anyway?
- Five Things to Make You Profitable: If you want to succeed, you gotta read it.
- Frankel's Laws of Branding: We're always adding more.
- The Death of Lifetime Valuation As We
Knew It: It never really existed, you
- Why I Don't Charge for Proposals: You don't have to...and still get the business.
- Branding and the sincerest form of
flattery: If your idea is good, it's
bound to be stolen.
- Branded Communities: Return
rates of 10% to 25%? You betcha!
- The Most Powerful Technology is Phil: Down to his pinky ring, the best tech for the
- The Cheapest Insurance You Can Buy: You sure one URL domain is enough?
- Stacking Them Up Over Newark: It's deal flow that determines your new biz
- Affiliate Chicken Soup:
It's a great idea...but ideas alone don't pay the rent.
- Unlock the Money: Lease
the names on your list -- ethically and profitably.
- The Memory Shortage: This
too shall pass -- no matter how bad it gets.
- The Truth About Non-Disclosure Agreements: What's the big deal, anyway?
- The Death of CPM's:
Don't buy what they sell you; buy what works
- The Napster Thing:
Grow up already, will ya?
Disney had it coming
- Trick January:
It's a problem every year.
- Frankel's Three P's: Gotta
have all three before investors will put their money down.
- Fat Cats and Long Sales Cycles:
Will anything get them to return your calls?
- Whose Mind Needs Changing?: Sometimes it's the client's...maybe it's your
- Saying Something, Meaning Nothing: Everyone tries to be clever -- how about being
- The Cure for the Common Cold Call:
Aha! The EASY way to do it -- that
- Kiss My Ads: Advertising,
as a primary revenue source, is history.
- Saying Goodbye With A Kiss: The smart way to say goodbye to bad business.
- Doing That Voodoo That You Do So Well:
Why you should start branding right now.
- The Truth & Fiction About Y2K: As long as there are lawyers, you have little
- Building Brands In Cyberspace: Phone Plus Magazine's exploration into Frankel's
- Build it, Don't Buy It:
You can't buy your way into popularity and make it work.
- What Can We Learn From AOL/Netscape?: Even big boys aren't so smart.
- How a Recession Will Affect The
Web: It depends on what you read in
- Thanks For The Acorn: A
little validation can take your dreams a long way.
- Why I Hate Trade Magazines: Even the publisher's mother won't read them
- Giving Without Giving It All Away:
'Tis better to give, if you want to receive
- Get your programs here! The best way to build your business is to build
everyone else's, too.
- The Truth About Ad Agencies: Where
once were leaders, now are sheep.
- You May Own A Stradivarius -- But Can
You Play It?: Doing it yourself works -- for suicide.
- The Most Common Mistakes of Direct
Marketing: Highly targeted -- at your wallet.
- Inventor's Disease: No Cure, But There
Is Hope. The leading cause for entrepreneurial death!
- The Myth of Advertising Awards:
An award is only as good as the judges bestowing it.
- Our Top Ten Ways of Saving Your Butt:
Internationally acclaimed and published!
- The Junkyard Dog: You know this
guy. We all know this guy.
- The Weird Science of Xenologics:
Forget thinking outside the box. Think outside the cube.
- Killer Websites (Featured in Marketing
- The Answer is Right Where You Wont
Find It: It's weird. But it works.
- Nine Ways to Screw Up Banner Advertising:
What-- you thought you can't mess up on the web?
- Web Traffic and Genital Size:
It's not how big it is that counts.
- Why You Should -- and Shouldn't --
Advertise on the Web: A brief thump of reality.
- Taking the Freak Out of Frequency:
So much for porting old ideas into new media.
- One Chance is All You Get: Make
that home page a home run -- the first time up.
- Numbers You Can't Count On: What's
the deal with these site counters, anyway?
- Domain Names For Sale: How ethical
is it to sell a name -- is anyone even buying?
- How Do You Know? The real poop
on getting the truth from your survey respondents.
- Double Click or Double Talk? Please
-- don't ever let this kind of press release happen to you.
- Fulfilling Your Dreams: Don't
make them call -- make them click! It's easy!
- Have A Cookie: They're not nearly
as unhealthy as the conspiracists would have you believe.
- Fun With Numbers: Be careful
with those combination media buys.
- Bragging Rights: The line between
confidence and obnoxiousness is very thin, indeed.
- The Color of Money: Play your cards
right and it could be worth $40 million.
- The Star of the Show: If you can't
sell your product, a celebrity won't, either.
- Writing for the Web: Looks count,
but people judge you by your words.
- What DOESN'T work: Just because
the gimmicks are there doesn't mean you use them.
- The Guy Who Pushes Back: How Joe
will beat Push technology.
- A Site From Our Sponsor: Banners
are out; sponsorships in for low volume sites.
- Signing Them Up: Sponsors are
available for websites...are you?
- Domain Snobs: Don't let that "aol.com"
thing fool you...
- Great Expectations: What your technology
should -- and shouldn't -- promise.
- The Field is Still Level: Hey, the
web ain't going anywhere...but up.
- To Catch A Thief: Don't let anyone
plagiarize your web site!
- Kill Your Fax Machine: It's a viable
technology, but the only humane thing to do.
- The Consultant's Defense Kit:
So they think they can stiff you, eh?
- Why Ads Are So Stupid: Bigger
ad agencies just make bigger mistakes. You shouldn't.
- Trapping Hamsters on the Internet:
Bet you're changing your home page too often.
- Multiple Personalities on the Internet:
A site by any other name could cost you business.
- Hunting For Bucks on the Internet:
The money's there, it's just not where you'd expect.
- The Cutting Edge is for Schmucks:Accessibility
is where it's at. Lose all that other stuff.
- Funding Your Internet Business:
How to and how NOT to.
- How Not to Advertise on the Net:
Why you should dump your banners.
- In Praise of Image Maps: Maybe
Cindy Crawford is worth a second look....
- The Great Internet Publicist Experiment,
Part 1: One side of the "do you need one" story
- The Great Internet Publicist Experiment:
Part 2: The incredible Judy proves out.
- Intermarriage Doesn't Work: Why
Ad Agencies & Internet Shops Shouldn't Marry
- The Idle Rich Go Broke on the Web:
Want proof on how the big boys make stupid mistakes?
- Branding, Down to the Buttons:
Everything has to be branded, right down to the coffee cups.
- Frankel's Physical Laws of the Web:
Hey, this isn't my opinion -- it's scientific fact.
- Why I started the FrankelBiz Transaction
List: You're invited to be a part of history.
- Instant Messaging for Profit: Sneaky
tricks and tips for those free applications.
- Why chats don't work and why I started
one: A great way to give something back.
- How About A Quickie?: Sometimes,
it's the most gratifying, you know...
- How to Hire An Agency -- or Anyone
Else: What you need they don't teach in school.
- When to grow, when to go: You've
got to make the leap to make the change.
Subscribe for FREE to the only list that does
business instead of just whine about it!
Get a full day seminar at a fraction
of the rate!
Rob Frankel's Monday morning FREE consultations
Generate more revenue!
Plug your business!
Plus Rob Frankel answers your questions, delivered every week!
Hundreds of articles and other useful items
about branding and biz.
Need to contact Rob?
This is the form to use!
Creative samples of print, TV, radio, packaging,
logos and who knows what!